Warning: Spoilers may follow.
General Armitage Hux, also known as General Hux, or simply Hux, is the primary antagonist at the beginning of the Star Wars sequel trilogy, and also, the main antagonist of the 2015 epic space-opera film, Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens, and presumably the main antagonist of the 2017 film Star Wars: Episode VIII. He is the military leader of The First Order, the boss and mentor of Kylo Ren and Captain Phasma, and the master of each of his Stormtroopers, which have formerly included Finn. He took the Stormtroopers as kids, thus converting them to darkness. He is also Supreme Leader Snoke's right-hand mastermind, and the son of an admiral that served under the destroyed Galactic Empire.
He is portrayed by the irish celebrity Domhnall Gleeson, who won the "Best Actor" award.
A young, ruthless officer in the First Order, General Hux has complete confidence in his troops, training methods and weapons. Hux is commander of the First Order's primary facility, Starkiller Base. Unlike Kylo Ren, who is a delusional anti-villain, Hux is characterized as being more overtly evil.
Hux appears in a uniform with a dark cloak, reminiscent of an Imperial military uniform. Hux is a human male with red hair and a slender body.
General Hux is an evil tyrant who rules with an iron fist. He will attempt to kill anyone to get what he wants: power and control. He seems to be bitter to his minions, as he screams at the stormtroopers and takes control of every action of theirs by force. Egoistic as he is, his methods to rule the universe and destroy any goodness are his main priorities, and he has no remorse at all.
He is extremely manipulative and clever when it comes to Snoke, and he uses his "green lights" to do what he wants. He is willing to kill billions of living beings in order to achieve his goals.
Overseeing Starkiller Base
His program for creating Stormtroopers result in Finn and many other children being stolen from their houses, attempting to use them and force them to rebuild by empire and construct a mega-weapon inside a planet. That mega weapon converted fire from the sun to other planets.
Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens
The Search for BB-8
At first, Hux tried to kill Finn and Poe who were escaping in a TIE Fighter. When finding out their ship has crash-landed in Jakku, he sent spies to follow them. Kylo Ren told him to show the locations of Luke on the map. However, Hux disagreed, reminding him of his own rank to Snoke. Kylo Ren and Hux were later called by Supreme Leader Snoke, to talk about his plans against the rise of The Resistance. Hux claimed full responsibility for the rise of the Jedi, just as an excuse to find a new plan. Informing Snoke about the weapon which is almost ready, able to allow him to finish his plans; to find R2 D2 and massacre The Republic. Snoke asked him to oversee preparations, and gave him a green light on his evil scheme. Hux stares at Kylo Ren who is in trouble, and leaves the hologram room, while Kylo Ren stays inside.
The Rage of General HuxHux then introduced his weapon to his Stormtroopers, while he had auditors who controlled his Stormtroopers and his mega-weapon. Hux stated it will be the end of a regime which acquiesces to disorder made by the "loathsome Resistance". After the speech, he ordered his auditors to fire the weapon on the Hosnian Prime star system. The weapon of Hux's has destroyed billions of people.
Hux ordered Kylo Ren and some Stormtroopers to find the location of the Resistance Base. However, while Kylo Ren was trying to protect Rey infront of Snoke, the fearsome Hux interfered, stating that Kylo Ren had an excuse that all they needed, was the girl, and that as a result he may have lost the map already. He then suggested destroying their base before they reached Skywalker. Snoke agreed, but told Kylo Ren to bring Rey to him, so he could handle her.
The Collapse of Starkiller Base
After that, he prepared the machine on conditions of a 15 minute load and a supreme strike. However, using information from Finn, the Resistance planned to destroy Starkiller Base's thermal oscillator. In order to destroy it, they had to use their star-fighters. Hux tried to stop them, however, it was too late when the thermal oscillator blew up. As Starkiller Base collapsed, Hux prepared for retreat, and he had to inform Snoke about his failure. Snoke was fed up, ordering him to bring Kylo Ren back in order to complete his training.
Star Wars: Episode VIII
He will return, and presumably as the main antagonist, in the 2017 film. He will be commanding The Ralltiir system, and using a massive army to attack Resistance property, thus launching dangerous TIE fighters from the finalizer. Accroding to the trailer, he is also seen walking as a Stormtrooper falls on the floor, however, you can only see his heals and his bottom part of the cloak.
L.E.G.O. Star Wars: The Force Awakens
For main article: General Hux (LEGO)
In the L.E.G.O. game, Hux appears much more sarcastic and far more evil than in the film. He actually shows the map to Snoke, celebrates while destroying the Republic, and flees from Starkiller Base, thus leaving Kylo Ren behind to die, all of which are extremely evil.
General Hux is very much inspired by Adolf Hitler, the ultimate leader of The Nazis. Many people criticize his evil character, as they say he is much of a real life dictator, and ultimately a Nazi. Even Domhnall Gleeson always mentions how evil Hux is, stating that he is a tyrannical brute.
- Drago Bludvist (How to Train Your Dragon 2) - Both treat their henchmen as if they were slaves.
- Grand Moff Tarkin (Star Wars franchise) - Both had a weapon that could destroy planets.
- Darth Sidious (Star Wars franchise) - Both were main villains in the Star Wars saga.
- Henry J. Waternoose III (Monsters, Inc.) - Both are manipulative.
- Vector (Despicable Me) - Both manipulate their bosses throughout their films.
- King Ghidorah (Godzilla 2) - Both are completely evil and destroy anyone who gets in their way.
- Scarlet Overkill (Minions) - Both are diabolical and overtly evil.
- Earth's Harvester Queen (Independence Day: Resurgence) - Both are willing to destroy entire worlds, and wipe out all good.
- Hans Zeller (The Sound of Music) - Both are corrupt politicians who incriminate and intend to destroy people, and they both train and brainwash their henchmen to be devilish and wicked.
- General Armitage Hux is one of the most evil villains in Star Wars along with Darth Sidious
- His speech about the Republic shares some similarities to a speech of Adolf Hitler, since they are both dictators who receive "hail commander" calls.
- He kidnapped the Stormtroopers as children, using them to create the megaweapon.
- He has an even higher body count than Tarkin.
- He is simular to Drago Bludvist, by how he treats his Stormtroopers.
- Though new, he is one of, if not the most, evil Disney villain to ever exist.
- He is set to return in Star Wars: Episode VIII, presumably returning as the primary antagonist. However, Von, whom was said to be in the Star Wars: Episode VIII plot leak, is theorized to be the true main villain of the sequel.
- According to a possible leaked script of Star Wars: Episode VIII, Von is going to be the true main villain of the upcoming film.
- He is often thought to be an inspiration of his own father. However, though Admiral Brendol Hux was evil, it is unknown how Brendol has acted and what he had done.
- He serves as the secondary antagonist (alongside Darth Maul) in Disney Infinity, only watching Kylo Ren's job. However, in the LEGO game, he reappears as the true main villain, even ridiculing Snoke by simply calling him just "Leader Snoke", thus making Snoke hate him even more.
- He is theorized to use Snoke's darkness and with that fire the weapon. That is basically not true, as the weapon is fully made of tech and is charged by nearby stars, according to the film. However, Snoke may have some unseen powers on the weapon.
- He is very similar to another main villain of the Star Wars series, Orson Krennic. They both construct massive weapons to achieve their own goals of wealth and power.
- He is the second Disney villain to address a massive group of Nazis. The first is Scar from The Lion King.
- According to the Aftermath book trilogy, he had witnessed the destruction of The Galactic Empire together with his father.
- According to new information, he will command the Ralltiir system in the 2017 film, and he will also use the Finalizer to launch dangerous T.I.E. fighters, which bomb Resistance property.
- He is an iconic villain, much like Kylo Ren and Darth Vader.
|“||The weapon! It is ready. I believe the time has come to use it. We shall destroy the government that supports the Resistance: the Republic. Without their friends to protect them, the Resistance will become vulnerable, and we will stop them before they reach Skywalker.||„|
|~ General Armitage Hux manipulating Snoke.|
|“||Today is the end of the Republic! The end of a redeemed acquiesces to disorder! At this very moment, in a system not far from here, the New Republic LIES to the Galaxy, while secretly supporting the TREACHERY of the loathsome Resistance! This fierce machine which you have built will bring an end to the senate! To their cherished fleet! ALL REMAINING SYSTEMS WILL BOW TO THE FIRST ORDER, and will remember this as the LAST DAY OF THE REPUBLIC!!!!!!!!!!||„|
|~ General Hux's speech, and one of his biggest lies.|