Sir Miles Axlerod is the hidden true main antagonist of the 2011 Disney/Pixar film Cars 2.
Sir Miles Axlerod is an ex oil baron who has sold off his fortune, converted himself into an electric vehicle and has devoted his life to finding the renewable, clean-burning energy source of the future—ultimately discovering what he believes is the fuel everyone should be using. Axlerod is also the host of the World Grand Prix, a three-country race he created that attracts the world’s top athletes to promote his new clean burning wonder-fuel, Allinol.
As charming as he seems, Miles is an antagonist. He is evil, greedy, deceptive, and very manipulative. Miles is also clearly a smart thinker, as he had come up with the entire plan to get rid of alternative energy, just to make money, as he set everything up to make him look like an innocent car. In the end, Miles was proven to be the bad guy.
Role in Cars 2Edit
Though at first, Professor Z. appears to be the main antagonist, with Sir Axlerod as an inventor of Allinol and a creator of the World Grand Prix (WGP for short). However, it is revealed near the end of the film by Mater that Sir Axlerod is actually the antagonist behind it. At a party promoting the WGP, Mater leaked oil on the floor, but it was later revealed that Sir Axlerod was the one that leaked oil on the floor, proving he wasn't an electric vehicle (EV), so he blamed it on Mater.
Eventually, Professor Z and the other lemons decide to plant a bomb on Mater's air filter as a backup plan to kill Lightning McQueen. Mater later discovers the story about the conspiracy after helping Finn McMissile and Holley Shiftwell arrest Professor Z and the other lemons, and confronts Sir Axlerod for it, and his suspicions are confirmed when he forces Sir Axlerod into deactivating the bomb with a voice command in order to keep the bomb from killing himself since if he exploded, he (Sir Axlerod) would also have been caught in the blast. To proceed farther, Mater opens Sir Axlerod's hood, revealing the same engine (a Range Rover L322) as the unseen mastermind depicted in the photo, which Finn and Holley obtained from their American counterpart earlier, proving to be a perfect match. Sir Axlerod then gets arrested for his crimes by two British police cars.
- Sir Miles Axlerod is constantly thought to be the secondary antagonist of the sequel.
- Sir Miles Axlerod's performance model is a Range Rover L322.
- His lisence plate is ALT NRG, which stands for "alternative energy".
- He was the car who leaked oil on the floor and blamed it on Mater, proving he wasn't an EV.
- His main goal was to make other cars buy gasoline instead of alternative energy so that he makes lots of money.
- His last name is often misspelled "Axelrod".
- The one with the worst engine ever made was not Professor Z's henchmen, but the lemons' leader, and he is Sir Miles Axlerod.
- His full name is Miles Axlerod.
- According to the DVD commentary, the climactic confrontation between Mater and Sir Miles Axlerod was thought up early in production, so the filmmakers had to work backwards to make the audiences believe somebody else was behind the plot to sabotage the WGP.
- The words REGEN R8, meaning "regenerate", are on his front wheels.
- His tires' texture repeats a leaf-shaped motif.
- He was knighted by the Queen as Sir Miles Axlerod.