The Pterosaurs are the secondary antagonists in Jurassic Park III, and the quaternary antagonists in Jurassic World. In Jurassic World, they consist of two species: Pteranodons and Dimorphodons. In Jurassic Park III, they only consist of one species: Pteranodons.
Role In The Films Edit
Jurassic Park III Edit
Jurassic World Edit
The Pterosaurs are first seen when the Indominus rex, their future leader, shatters the glass in the Aviary, freeing all of them. Knowing that they are free, they follow the Indominus rex's commands to attack Simon Masrani's helicopter. The results are the deaths of Masrani and two soldiers, and the helicopter crashing into the Aviary, exploding all the remaining pieces. The Indominus rex and the pterosaurs escape. The I. rex then commands the pterosaurs to attack the park Jurassic World, and they do so. One pterosaur, which is a pteranodon, spots Zara and catches her, but another pteranodon attacks Zara also. Zara escapes the fight between the two pteranodons, but falls into the Jurassic World Lagoon. Another pteranodon spots Zara in the lagoon and attacks her several times, but an overgrown Mosasaurus nicknamed "Mosy" jumps out of the water. Mosy angrily snaps his jaws on the pteranodon, but also unexpectedly eats Zara.
Meanwhile, a Dimorphodon attacks Owen and tries to kill him, but Claire shoots the dimorphodon at least 3 times until he's dead. Owen escapes.
Later, a Dimorphodon idolizing the I. rex is shot once and killed by a military man in an InGen helicopter. The other military men watch.
At the end of the movie, when the Indominus rex is eaten by Mosy, she calls for help, but the pterosaurs leave her to die offscreen since they realized that the I. rex was only using them, plus they can be free without her.
- At the climax of the movie, it is shown that it takes one bullet to kill a dimorphodon. The same thing is true with Rattlesnake Jake. However, it takes 4 or possibly 5 bullets to kill a pteranodon, and Claire shot the dimorphodon at least 3 times to save Owen.
- If Claire shot the dimorphodon once, she would have more bullets to kill more pterosaurs.
External Links Edit
- Pteranodon at the Hero wiki
- Pteranodon at the Jurassic Park wiki
- Pteranodon at the LEGO wiki
- Dimorphodon at the Jurassic Park wiki
- Dimorphodon at the LEGO wiki