The Shark is the main antagonist of the Jaws franchise. He is the cannibalistic Great white shark bent on killing prey by eating them, because of the hunger drains too quickly, he cannot stop eating because of his intention to survive in the marine environment.
Jaws: The RevengeEdit
Each Jaws film showcases a giant Great White shark (scientifically called "Carcharodon carcharias") in Jaws, Jaws 2, Jaws 3-D and Jaws: The Revenge. Each shark is a different shark in every film although the race is the same, and all have a size of about 20 to 30 feet in length. Jaws first appeared in the novel by Peter Benchley before Steven Spielberg adapted it into a motion picture. In the movies the sharks are much larger than the real animal and during the course of the series they show to have a certain amount of intellect. The shark is the playable character in the video games Jaws Unleashed and Jaws: Ultimate Predator.
In relation Jaws is the titular main antagonist in the Jaws Franchise.
However the Sharks featured in each film, with the exception of Jaws: The Revenge, have names, with the shark in the first film being known as "Bruce", "Brucette" in the second, and "Brucetta", the biggest shark in the franchise at 35 feet long, in the third film. The shark in the fourth installment was dubbed "Vengeance" by fans.
(So, to be correct, you should not refer to the sharks as, "Jaws", and use their official names.)
- Bruce (Jaws) - (25 ft. in length and weighs in at 3 tons.)
- Brucette (Jaws 2) - (The exact weight and length are unknown, but is implied to be the mate of Bruce in the novel adaptation, and bigger than Bruce.)
- Brucetta (Jaws 3-D) - (35 ft. long, weight unknown.)
- Vengeance (Jaws: The Revenge) - (The same length and weight as Bruce, and is supposedly the child of the first two sharks, as said in the novel based on the film.)
- Christine "Chrissie" Watkins
- Pippit (dog)
- Alexander "Alex" Kitner
- Ben Gardner
- Estuary Lifeguard
- Captain B. Quint
- 2 scuba divers
- Terry (water skier)
- Diane (Indirectly)
- Killer Whale
- Amity Harbor Patrol helicopter pilot
- Shelby Overman
- Randy (coral thief)
- Ed (coral thief)
- Philip Fitzroyce
Jaws: The RevengeEdit
- Chief Brody (Indirectly)
- Sean Brody
- Mrs. Ferguson (banana boat)
- Jake (alternate ending)
- Matt Hooper (in the novel)
- An elderly bather (in the novel)
- Jaws: (Bruce) Chief Brody placed a scuba tank in his mouth and then shot him with a M1 Garand, blowing the shark up.
- Jaws 2: (Brucette) Electrecuted by Brody after she bit into an undersea power cable.
- Jaws 3-D: (Brucetta)Blown up after Michael Brody pulls the pin of one of Philip's grenades in her mouth.
- Jaws: The Revenge (Vengeance)(alternate endings) Impaled by Jake's boat and bled to death, or impaled by the boat then blown up.