Warning: Spoilers may follow.
Supreme Leader Snoke, the Supreme Leader, or simply just Snoke, is the primary antagonist in the sequel trilogy of Star Wars. He serves as one of the main antagonists (after General Armitage Hux) in Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens, and in Star Wars: Episode VIII. He is Kylo Ren's master and the supreme leader of the First Order.
He is portrayed by Andy Serkis, who also voiced Gollum in the Middle-earth saga.
Supreme Leader Snoke is a pale, humanoid alien with blue eyes. He wears a long, black robe, and has major scars and burns on his face.
Snoke is evil and destructive, though not chaotically evil.
- Sauron (Middle-earth saga) - Both were very powerful.
- Megatron (Transformers film series) - Both were major antagonists throughout their stories.
- Emperor Palpatine (Star Wars saga) - Both were political figures of the Dark Side.
Snoke iss a male individual who served as Kylo Ren's master and the supreme leader of The First Order approximately 30 years after the Battle of Endor.
Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens
Discussion about BB-8
He at first appears calling Kylo Ren and General Armitage Hux and talks with them about the rise of newborn Jedi. Hux introduces his weapon to Snoke, telling him it can destroy the Resistance and their supporters which are The Republic. Snoke agrees, and tells him to oversee preparations. Hux leaves the room, and Kylo Ren stays inside. Snoke then tells Kylo Ren about the awakening, and informs Kylo Ren that the droid The First Order is after, is located inside The Millennium Falcon, owned by his father, Han Solo. When Kylo Ren said it means nothing to him, Snoke tried to convince Ren that even he hasn't faced such a test.
Later, when Kylo Ren takes Rey as his hostage, and fails to read her mind with the force, Snoke calls Kylo Ren again and asks him angrily if the girl really resisted him. Kylo Ren tried to protect her by claiming that he is stronger. However, Hux enters the room and interferes, stating that because of him, the map had most likely been returned to the Resistance. Because he is brainwashed, Snoke agreed with Hux about destroying the Resistance. As Hux exited the room, Snoke ordered Kylo Ren to bring Rey to him.
Starkiller Base's Destruction
Hux prepared for retreat and told Snoke about his failure. Snoke was fed up, and he told Hux to leave the base at once with Kylo Ren, and come to him.
Star Wars: Episode VIII
In the trailer, he is heard to order Kylo Ren to kill Luke Skywalker.
- So far, Snoke is the most mysterious character in the Star Wars universe.
- Many Star Wars fans have theorized that Supreme Leader Snoke is, indeed, Darth Plagueis, Emperor Palpatine's master. This is probably the most popular theory on who Snoke really is. However, there are 3 major flaws in this theory:
- Andy Serkis, Snoke's actor, said that Snoke is a humanoid, and Plagueis is a Muun. Humanoids and Muuns are two separate species of aliens.
- Palpatine taught Anakin that his master, Plagueis, had the ability to create life and even save others from death. This was just a lie that he used to lure Anakin to the Dark Side, so since Plagueis could not create life or save others from dying, there's no way Plagueis could have saved himself from death, either.
- The filmmakers didn't even know who Plagueis was while designing Snoke.
- Andy Serkis has recently stated that Snoke is "just Snoke."
- Due to these major flaws, this theory was proven false, and there's no way Snoke could be Plagueis. Not a chance.
- Many people also say that Snoke is the following:
- Grand Moff Tarkin
- Darth Vader
- Emperor Palpatine
- Darth Maul
- The Grand Inquisitor (one of the most accurate Snoke theories so far)
- Grand Admiral Thrawn
- Boba Fett
- Kylo Ren from the future, trying to teach his younger self
- Ezra Bridger (also proven false)
- Jar-Jar Binks
- General Leia Organa (which is completely ridiculous)
- Galius Rax (one of the most accurate Snoke theories so far)
- The Dark Side in physical form (also completely ridiculous)
- He is set to return as one of the main villains in Star Wars Episode VIII. Other returning villains will be General Hux, Kylo Ren, and Phasma.
- He is the principal and true secondary antagonist of The Force Awakens, due to his manipulation and agression on Kylo Ren, and his leadership on The First Order.
- Despite having similar ranks, it is shown that Earth's Harvester Queen from Independence Day: Resurgence is far more evil, as she kills personally and manipulates her entire race. All Snoke does is sits on his throne and give orders.
- Due to Snoke's mysterious figure only being revealed later, he is the principal, and possibly the primary antagonist, of the sequel trilogy.
- He is theorized to be a servant of Darth Jar-Jar Binks.
- According to a fan-made trailer of the film, he tells Kylo Ren to kill Luke Skywalker.